Tuesday 17 May 2016

Croftlands Infant School

This morning I went to Croftlands Infant School to do the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again.  We started with Be Happy then I did our assembly about Respect showing the video clip from Finding Nemo.  I didn't ask the children at first if they knew what respect was I just showed the clip.  Then I asked what it was that Nemo didn't show towards his dad the answer respect came back.  So I asked then what it was that Nemo had or hadn't done - listened to his dad, did his own thing were some of the answers that came back.  I then went on to talk about Moses and the 10 commandments and in particular the one about showing respect to parents - I displayed the verse and then explained what it means for us today like how we should show respect to not just our parents but everyone.  When we do this we.... from the inside out - Shine came the shout from the children.  After singing Shine I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment