Monday 9 May 2016

Church Walk School

This morning I went to church Walk Primary School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again, several of them were quite excited when they saw me setting up.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger I did the assembly we have done in several schools now on Respect.  I showed the video clip of Nemo being disrespectful towards his dad.  When the clip had finished I asked the children what it was that Nemo had not done and a little boy from the Reception class put his hand up and said - he didn't listen to his dad and didn't show him respect - perfect answer.  I went on to talk about how in the bible there are people that show respect to God and other people and sadly there are stories of people that don't.  I reminded the children that Nemo had to face the consequences of his actions in that he was caught and put in a fish tank.  I also told them about Moses getting the 10 Commandments and how they are all about respect 4 about respect for God and 6 respect for others.  One of them says respect your father and mother, so that you will live a long time in the land I'm giving you Exodus 20:12.  I explained what the verse means to us today and how we should respect everyone.  To finish we sang Shine then I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment