Monday 12 September 2016

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went along to Croftlands Junior School for the first assembly of the new school year.  It was great to see all the children there as well as all the new year 3 children who have come up from the infants.  we started by singing Be Happy, I then showed the children a collection of items saying that they are all different but have one thing in common.  I asked if they could tell what it was they had in common - I had a life jacket and wetsuit, a high viz jacket, hard hat, gloves, safety glasses, ear defenders and boots also a cycle helmet.  Hands went up and the answer came that they all protect us in some way.  I explained that although these items are good at protecting our bodies Jesus can protect us in other ways.  I then used the Andy Robb 50 Weirdest Bible story book to tell the story of Jesus calming the storm.  I then explained that Jesus can help to calm the storms we might face during our time in school as we all have ups and downs - I reminded the children that the disciples in the midst of the storm called to Jesus for HELP! and we can too whenever we face difficulties at school or at home.  We finished with Wonderful Lord and I prayed in the middle for the children at the start of the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment