Thursday 22 September 2016

Flookburgh School

This morning Sarah and I made our first visit of the new school year to Flookburgh School.  It was really great to see all the children and staff again following the summer holidays.  To start our assembly off we sang Be Happy.  I then showed the children a collection of objects I had taken with me things like a cycle hat, wet suit, gloves, snow shoes, hard hat etc  I got some of the children to either hold our wear the item, I asked if anyone could see the common connection between my rather odd collection of items - the answer was they all protect us in some way.  Sarah then read the account of Jesus calming the storm and I then explained the link between the objects and the story - they do all protect us and Jesus protected the disciples n the boat - and we do from time to time have up days when we are very happy and down days when we are not so happy - a bit like a storm at sea (link to bible passage) When faced with the storm the disciples called upon Jesus to help them - and so can we call on him when we need him to help us in some way.  I then explained we were going to sing Wonderful Lord which continues the theme of Jesus looking after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment