Thursday 15 September 2016

Leven Valley School

This morning Sarah and I did our first assembly of the new school year at Leven Valley School.  We started with Be Happy before I emptied a bag of items in front of the children.  I did tell the children that all the items were different but had something in common there was  hard hats, cycle helmets, high viz jackets, life jackets, wet suits etc.  I asked the children what was common with the items - protection - they all help protect us in some way.  Sarah then read the storm of Jesus calming the storm and after I linked the items to the story in that in life we have ups and downs like in a storm and when we are down we might need someone to help protect us like the disciples did and Jesus was there to do that for them and he is still here today doing the same thing we only need to call to him.  I linked this also to Wonderful Lord which we sang to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment