Wednesday 14 September 2016

St Mary's Dalton

This morning Sarah and I went to St Mary's Dalton School to do the assembly.  This is a new school to us - we have done a couple of transition assemblies and lessons there before.  We started off with Be Happy which the children didn't know but joined in as the song went along.  I then showed the children a number of items that were all different but had a common theme - as I lifted them out the bag I got some of the younger children to wear the items which were things like -  hard hat, cycle helmet, work gloves, ear defenders etc The thing they all had in common was they help keep us safe but they all protect us in some way.  Sarah then retold the story of Jesus calming the storm from a book by And Robb.  I then linked the items that protect us to the protection and help we get from Jesus.  When things are going well we feel happy (link to song) but when things are not so well we are down - a bit like a storm at sea so I reminded the children that the disciples called out to Jesus in their storm and we can too.  I linked this to Wonderful Lord which we sang next.

No comments:

Post a Comment