Thursday 24 April 2014

Leven Valley School

This morning I went down to Leven Valley School for the first assembly of this summer term.  I started with Shine as that is part of what I wanted to talk about with the children.  I then showed the Pixar video clip For the Birds and afterwards displayed a number of screen shots from the movie and asked the children to think about which bird they might be.  There were ones that talked about each other, bullied, wanted to be left alone, were different in looks, mocked and made fun of others etc.  I then displayed the John 13:34 verse Love one another as I have loved you and asked the children to think about that when ever they are with their friends and think about how they talk to them and interact with them.  We are so loved as people and we should show love and respect back to others.  We finished with singing Wonderful Lord as I reminded the children that God looks after, cares for and loves us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment