Thursday 24 April 2014

Our Lady's

This morning I was at Our Lady's in Dalton for the first assembly of this new term.  I decided to start off by singing Shine then I showed the Pixar short of the birds on the wire.  After much laughing from the children I then displayed some still images from the clip and asked which bird the children consider themselves as.  There are a number of different ones, the long legged one that is very different, the one that wants to be alone, the ones that complain, the show offs, the bullies etc.  I followed this by displaying John 13:34 'love one another as I have loved you' Jesus tells his disciples.  I then encouraged the children to do just that - to care for and treat other people as they would like to be treated and cared for in other words to love one another as Jesus loves us - although I didn't use the word love.  To close I decided to sing Wonderful Lord as it reminds us that God cares for and looks after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment