Thursday 30 January 2020

Coniston Primary School

This morning I travelled over to Coniston Primary School for the assembly.  It really was great to see all the children and staff again.  I started first by asking about Christmas and New Year and if the children had been to any parties or if they had had family get togethers.  Then we sang Be Happy and afterwards I told the parable of the Lost Son or the Wild Son who Returned (as the visual aids called it)  I pointed out to the children that Jesus often used parables to teach people and he used them to tell us what God is like, what Heaven is like and how we can get there.  I explained that in the story today the son is a bit like us - people that do things wrong and the dad is like God - forgives us when we do wrong (when we say sorry that is)  I further explained that Jesus came to earth to show us how we can be forgiven for what we do wrong and also that we should forgive people that do wrong to us.  We finished with God Can Do Anything as it says that nothing is too big for him and nothing is too small like the wrongs we do.  I finished with a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment