Monday 27 January 2020

Pennington School

This afternoon I went to Pennington School, it was my first visit of this year, so to start the assembly I asked everyone if they had had a good Christmas and New Year and if they stayed up late on New Years Eve - this was to link with the story I had for today.  To get us going we sang Be Happy, I then told the story of the Lost Son.  I made the theme about forgiveness and focused in on the dad who forgave his son for the wrongs he had done - in the same way God forgives us.  I explained that this was why Jesus came - to teach us about God, Heaven and how we can get there.  As well as forgiveness for our wrongs we must also forgive others that wrong us.  To finish with we sang God can do anything and I explained that do sin/wrong doing is too big or too small.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment