Monday 27 January 2020

Newton Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Newton Primary School.  I got such a warm welcome from the children as I arrived - it does seem like ages since I was last there.  I started the assembly by asking them about Christmas and New Year and if they had had any parties (link to story later).  Our first song we sang was Be Happy then I told the story of the Lost Son using some pictures as I did so.  When the son and dad had been reunited I explained that Jesus came to earth as a baby but when he grew up he started to tell us about God and Heaven and how we can get there.  This story is all about that and the dad is like God.  We all do stuff wrong and we should ask for forgiveness and I turn we should forgive people that do wrong to us.  God will forgive us when we ask but it all starts with us saying sorry.  To finish off we sang God can do anything as not matter how big or how small the wrong things we do are God can forgive them all.  I then closed with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment