Wednesday 29 January 2020

Lindale School

This morning Sarah and I went down to Lindale School for the assembly.  To start with we sang Be Happy then I told the story of the Wild Son who Returned - or as most people know it the parable of the Lost Son.  Sarah did remind the children what a parable is.  I used some pictures displayed on the screen to help tell the story.  I focused on the that that the da forgave the son for what he had done.  I then reminded the children why Jesus came to earth in the first place which was to teach us about God, Heaven and what we need to do to get to heaven.  I pointed out that the son in the parable is like us who do things wrong and the dad is like God who forgives us the things we do wrong we just need to say sorry.  But we also need to forgive people that do wrong to us.  Sarah concluded by reminding the children what the Lord's Prayer says about forgiveness.  She then introduced the next song which was God can do anything.  After the song she finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment