Tuesday 21 January 2020

Croftlands Infant School

This morning I went along to Croftlands Infant School to do the assembly.  It was the first one of this New Year - it was lovely to see all the children again.  We started with Be Happy then I told them the story of the boy who asked his dad for money then went off and spent it all.  I used pictures to tell the story and at the end the boy returned home and his father forgave him for what he had done.  I explained that it was a story that Jesus told and that the dad is like God in that he forgives us the wrong things we do and so we should also forgive people that do wrong to us.  That was why Jesus came to earth as a baby grew up into a man and told us such great stories.  To finish with we sang Great Big God then I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment