Monday 21 January 2013

Broughton School

I went over to Broughton School this morning on my own as the snow had fallen last night and we weren't sure how much would have fallen on the road towards Broughton (very little as it happened) so Sarah stayed at home.  After wishing them a Happy New Year we sang Great Big God then I went on to tell the story from Luke 19 of Zacchaeus.  I used the Loin Storyteller Bible but added my own bits into as well.  After the story i asked the children if they made New Year promises, like keeping bedrooms tidy etc.  A few hands went up and when I asked if they had kept them some hands went down.  I talked about the promises we make to each other and how we don't always keep them, in the story Zacchaeus promised to pay back the money he had cheated people out of and he decided to change.  When we make a promise it normally involves us changing something.  However we do break the promises we make but God in Hebrews 13:5 makes us a promise that says …. "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,"  So I encouraged the children to think about that when they are feeling a bit low or sad.  I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment