Tuesday 15 January 2013

Ulverston Infants - Church Walk

Today I went to Ulverston Infants - Church Walk.  It was our first visit of the New Year so after singing Great Big God and went on to tell the story of Zacchaeus from the Lion Storyteller Bible.  I added a few bits in of my own and acted out parts of it too.  At the end I told the children that Zacchaeus had decided to make a new start and he promised to give back money that he had stolen.  Now at the start of a New Year we sometimes make a promise or two like keep room tidy etc so I asked for hands up who had made a promise then hands down who had broken it already.  I then talked about God and His promise to us from Hebrews 13:5 in the Message Bible it says this 'I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you' which i displayed on the screen.  Then I said if we had made a promise to God and were able to keep it then we could Shine from the inside out which was a cue for a song.  Following the song I said a little prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment