Wednesday 23 January 2013

St Peters

I went to St Peters on my own today as Sarah didn't fancy the drive  in the ice.  I welcomed everyone in the assembly and wished them a Happy New Year.  Then as it was cold outside I thought we would sing a big action song so we sang Be Happy with lots of jumping up and down.  Then I told the Zacchaeus story from the Loin storyteller Bible after it I talked a little about promises we made at New Year (and other times) and how Zacchaeus made a promise to give back what he had cheated and stolen from people.  He also changed.  And sometimes when we promise to do something it involves us changing.  Now we don't always keep our promises but I said God has made promises to us that He always keeps like it says in Hebrews 13:5 'I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you'.  Then a little girl reminded me that He also promised never to flood the world again in the Noah story.  Which was just a fantastic end to what I was saying.  I ended with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment