Monday 14 January 2013

Pennington School

Our first assembly of the New Year at Pennington school went well this morning.  After singing a new song - Brand New Day and teaching the action I started to talk about new year promises and things we promise to do at the start of a new year - I have given up chocolate, going to get fitter and not worry about things.  I hand over to Sarah while I sit down and tuck into a tin of Rose's throwing the wrapper to the floor as Sarah shouts at me.  I then tried to get a child to help me pick it up - Sarah reminds me of what I had just said so I then start to worry about it - result all three promises broken.  Sarah talks about how we make and break promises to each other and God all the time and in most case's we break them, but God has made a promise to us in Hebrews 13:5 that says he will never leave us or forget us.  I then said a short prayer and the children went out to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment