Wednesday 30 January 2013

Croftlands Juniors

This morning I went to the Juniors to take the assembly.  As we have done in all our schools in January we talked about promises.  I used the Loin Storyteller bible to tell the story of Jesus and the Taxman. (I explained what a taxman was) it is the Zaccheaus story.  After I talked about promises that we made and yes break them too and at the start of a year we particularly thing about it.  Zaccheaus promise the people he would change and he also promise Jesus he would too.  But we humans break promises and I had the children put their hand up if the made a New Year Promise but put it down if they have already broken it.  I brought in Hebrews 13:5 which is a promise from God which says …. "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," which is true even today so I encouraged the children with the Promise God made to us.  I had started the assembly by singing Be Happy and finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment