Tuesday 5 February 2013

Low Furness School

As the children came into assembly today we played 66 books.  As it is book week in school this week we were asked to talk about the bible as a book.  So after singing Giants of Faith, I started to talk about the bible as a book of books.  I took in some of the props that I use for OT BX which shows the various types of bible from a bible that was dated 1864 to the new Action Bible comic style.  Following this Sarah explained to the children what sort of things you find in the bible from the creation story through history to songs and love stories.  We concluded the assembly with the Lord's Prayer which is also in the bible.  At the end of the assembly I invited the children to look at the different bibles I had with me and we talked about them as they picked them up and looked through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment