Wednesday 6 February 2013

St Peters

This morning I wanted to encourage the children and try out an idea that we heard about at the weekend - chatting to God.  So after singing Shine I told the story of Samuel's call from God.  I used part of the story as it is in the Lion Storyteller Bible but added parts in myself and used the book as a prop.  After the story I told the children that like Samuel they too could talk and also listen to God.  I explained that if the Queen or One Direction came into the hall we might not know what to say and some people think that is what it is like with God - you need fancy words etc.  I told the children that they can chat to God as they would a friend and that they could do it anywhere they liked.  Then I encouraged them to do just that during the instrumental break in the middle of Wonderful Lord.  At the end we all said the Lord's Prayer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment