Tuesday 26 February 2013

Pennington School - Samuels call and chatting to God

This morning we went to Pennington School to take the assembly.  We didn't sing a song to start with as the story was going to be a bit longer.  I started by talking a little about the bible and how it is in two sections the Old testament and the New.  I said the story today was going to be from the Old Testament.  I didn't give the name of the book as that would become clear later.  I started to read from the Loin Storyteller Bible and then continued with my own version of the story complete with actions.  It was the call of Samuel.  At the end I told the children that no matter how old they were, or where they were or what they were doing they could always talk to God or as I put it chat to God.  I told them that they didn't need fancy words like you would use to the queen they could simply chat.  Following this we sang Wonderful Lord and during the middle part I prompted them if they wanted to chat to God.  Sarah completed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment