Monday 18 February 2013

Penny Bridge School

This afternoon Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Penny Bridge School.  I think it was the first time that it wasn't raining or snowing!  We wanted to try out an idea we heard about while we were away at the Hand in Hand Conference, so after singing Inright Outright I told the story of Samuel being called by God.  After the story I introduced the idea of chatting to God.  I explained that we don't need to use big words when we want to talk/chat to God, we can talk to him like we would a friend or a family member or a teacher.  The idea of chatting is that the children can talk/chat at anytime and anywhere to God either in their heads or behind their hand (for younger children) even I said in the middle of doing a difficult sum in maths.  Following this we sang Wonderful Lord and during the break I prompted the children with some ideas that they might like to use in order to chat to God.  Then at the end Sarah concluded the assembly with a prayer for the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment