Thursday 28 February 2013

Our Lady's Dalton - Chatting to God

This morning I was at Our Lady's School in Dalton.  As we have done during the past month I told the story of Samuel being called by God.  I started to read it from the Story Teller Bible then switched into acting out the two parts of Eli and Samuel.  I was keen to make the point that it doesn't matter how old we are, where we are, what we are doing or what we have done we can always talk to God or as I put it chat to God.  We don't need fancy words or to get tongue tied like we might get if the Queen or the latest boy/girl band walked in, we can chat to God in the same way we chat to our friends and family.  During the singing of Wonderful Lord I prompted the children with some ideas that might have helped them chat to God.  I rounded the assembly off with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment