Thursday 17 January 2013

Our Lady's Dalton

It was our first visit of the New Year to Our Lady's today.  So after wishing the children a happy New Year we sang Great Big God.  I then told the story of Zacchaeus from the Lion Storyteller Bible by Bob Hartman.  Following the story I talked about promises and how at the start of a New Year we make promises.  Those promises are nearly always to do with change.  Zacchaeus made a promise to change when he met Jesus.  But sometimes we make promises and we don't keep them so I asked for hands up who had done that.  But I said there is a promise that God makes to us we He always keeps - His promise to us from Hebrews 13:5 in the Message Bible - says this 'I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you'  after this I encouraged the children to think about that the next time we make promises and perhaps even break them.  At the end I said a prayer with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment