Friday 27 June 2014

Flookburgh Primary School

This morning we were invited to go over to Flookburgh Primary School for an assembly.  The invite came from the deputy headteacher who has seen us in another school.  The theme for the assembly was about moving on.  So after introducing ourselves we then sang  Our God is a Great Big God.  Sarah then introduced the theme to the children which was going to be about Paul.  I told the story of Saul's conversion and to help me do so I asked three children to help me.  I used the props and things that I use whenever I tell this story during Bible Explorer.  One of the children was Saul, another was Ananias the other child played the part of God's voice.  As the children read out their part in the script I filled in the background information until eventually Saul had the visit from Ananias who spoke to him and healed him of his blindness.  I then went on to explain that Saul changed his name to Paul and that the encounter with Jesus on the road changed his life completely, so much so he set off on journeys all over the place telling people about Jesus.  Sarah then explained that although it might seem a big adventure to do things like that Paul faced many difficult times in his life but although his life had been changed for the better he knew that God was looking over him.  The verse that we used for today is in Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  After this we sang God can do Anything and then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment