Tuesday 3 June 2014

Low Furness School

This morning I was at Low Furness School for the assembly, the theme was perseverance.  So to start we sang Be Happy as it says that we will run this race and never stop. Then I talked about when I was a year 3/4 child and was bought a guitar for a birthday present and because I couldn't sing very well was not encouraged to play it by my teacher and I wish that I had persevered with it as it would have been such a useful tool to have particularly with what we do now.  I then displayed a picture of Nick Vujicic but a side view of him from his shoulder up.  Then we watched a video of his life.  He was born with no limbs at all and despite that he has touch the hearts of thousands of people by his own determination and perseverance, it is inspiring to watch.  I then spoke of other people that inspire me and over come physical difficulties daily and about how easy it would be for them to say enough and for them to do nothing.  I then displayed a bible verse from Hebrews 12:1 As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us. I explained what this means then showed the second verse which talks about Jesus not giving up on the cross but sticking with it and persevering to the end and that end is glory in heaven.  I encouraged the children not to be like me giving up when someone opposes them, or when things become difficult or we feel like we have failed.  Because God can do Anything, which was our next song after the song I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment