Thursday 12 June 2014

Ignite - Youth Alpha

Tonight's subject was Why and How should I read my Bible.  Once again we watched and listened to the Youth Alpha video and explored a number of issue related to reading the bible.  We encouraged the children to read it in an ordered way that is to say not opening it up and pointing.  I gave an idea of how this works and came across some random verses that didn't make sense at all, however I did mention a time when we were just starting out in full time ministry when I was drawn to a set of bible reading notes from years back and I opened it on the day of the year and read a verse that lifted me up so high and has carried me for years the verse was from Jeremiah and it was this

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

The video we watched also explained that using notes would help to understand what the bible was saying and also it may say different things to different people at different times.  I finished by saying that if they needed help they should seek help from their parents, people at church and even us.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment