Wednesday 11 June 2014

St Peters

This morning Sarah and I went over to St Peters for the assembly.  After singing Be Happy I started to tell the children about my guitar playing when I was in year 3 which didn't last very long as I could understand the notes and the chords and couldn't sing at the same time so I failed at it and gave it all up.  I wish now that I hadn't as it would have been such a useful tool to have.  This led on to me showing a video clip of Nick Vujicic who is a man born with no arms or legs.  The video showed him doing all sorts of things.  He persevered and has inspired millions of people around the world.  I displayed a bible verse from Hebrews 12:1-2
As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side of God's throne. After reading it I explained what it meant to the children and encouraged them not to give up on things.  I asked who found maths, English, PE etc difficult differing groups of children put their hands up so I said that even now I still struggle with my English, spelling and writing - I encouraged them to carry on with it.  Sarah also did the same when she spoke briefly about it too.  To finish we sang God Can Do Anything then Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment