Monday 9 June 2014

Penny Bridge School


This afternoon I have been at Penny Bridge School doing the assembly.  I decided to do the assembly I did last week on Perseverance.  So after singing Be Happy because it refers to 'I will run this race and never stop, I will follow Jesus until I drop'  I talked about my guitar and how I didn't carry on with it when things got tough and how now I wish I had.  I then gave a definition to the word perseverance which says - continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition.  I then showed a short video of Nick Vujicic who was born with no arms or legs and it talks about how he tackles life and has been an inspiration to thousands as a result of his perseverance.  I then brought a bible verse in from Hebrews 12:1 and 2 As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side of God's throne.

After this I said a short prayer.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment