Wednesday 11 February 2015

Broughton School

This morning I went to Broughton School for the assembly.  As it is near to Valentines Day I decided to do an assembly on love.  So to start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I then talked as a way into the assembly about communication and how we talk to or communicate with each other.  I read out a text message cu l8er I luv u and asked if they understood it - they did!  I then waved  two flags about spelling out the word HELLO in semaphore and then displayed some morse code.  I then move to talk about how we tell someone we love them as it is Valentines Day this week and I held up a card Sarah sent me years ago.  I then asked the children how God shows us that he loves us, as I started to talk about God's love I displayed some shapes on the screen and asked if they could tell me that they were or what it said.  As the shapes moved they made a cross.  I reminded the children that we can see God's love for us all around us in the world of creation and how he looks after us but the cross is a big reminder of what he did for us in sending Jesus.  To close the assembly we sang I Love You and after I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment