Thursday 12 February 2015

Leven Valley School

This morning Sarah and I went over to Leven Valley School for the assembly.  We decided to do our Love assembly as it is near to Valentines Day.  So to start us off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  Sarah then talked about how we communicate with each other as she read out a text message to the children it said cu l8er I luv u, she asked the children if they understood it which they did.  Next I sent a message to Sarah using flags a semaphore message.  None of the children had seen this kind of thing before or knew what it was called.  Then we displayed a morse code message on the screen which some children recognised.  Sarah then asked what other ways we have of communication and a few things came out.  Sarah had a card in her hand which was one she had sent to me for Valentines Day some time ago.  She then linked in with how God communicates his love to us, in the world when we look at what has been created.  She then handed over to me and I displayed some shapes on the screen and asked if the children knew what they were.  As the shapes moved they started to form a cross, so I explained that God demonstrated his love for us by sending Jesus to die on a cross.  I then displayed the words of John 3:16 but some one had arranged the words in a special way so that it spelt out valentine.
To close the assembly we sang and signed I Love You then Sarah said a final prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment