Friday 13 February 2015

Flookburgh School

This morning Sarah and I went over to Flookburgh School to do our love/valentines assembly for the children.  To start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then Sarah talked about the different ways in which people communicate - like using text.  She read out a text message ...cu l8er I luv u and tried to see if the children could understand it.  Then I said hello to her using semaphore flags.  This led to more questions and about how we communicate things like love to each other - link to Valentines Day.  Sarah then asked how God shows his love to us.  She continued that God through creation demonstrates his love for us.  I then displayed a number of shapes and explained that God showed his love in a really big way and the shapes would help us to discover what it was.  As the shapes moved into a cross shape.  I then talked a little about Jesus on the cross and reminded the children that after half term we would be looking forward to Easter.  Sarah then told the children what John 3:16 says and I displayed it on the screen however the words have been arranged in such a way that the word valentine is spelt down the centre.  We encouraged the children to think of something they can do to show love this week.  To finish we sang and signed I Love You.  Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment