Friday 27 February 2015

Our Lady's School

On Thursday morning I was at Our Lady's School in Dalton.  I had a great time with them in the assembly.  To start off we sang Creator God then I talked a bit about the meaning of Adam and Eve's name, one girl gave me the meaning straight away 'the first women' her name was Eve!  A boy then guessed the meaning of Adam - 'first man'.  I then told the story of Adam and Eve in the garden and them being tricked by a snake and sin entering into the world.  Following the story I asked the children to think what the world would have been like if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned.  I mentioned a few things that perhaps wouldn't have happened.  I also said that the world would have been at peace and everyone would get along with each other and there would be lots of love in the world.  I then encouraged the children to try and think of something they could do that would show love to someone else, they could say it or do something practical - share toys, school equipment.  In fact in the school this week there have been several birthdays and the children have brought in cakes for their friends I mentioned this as one way of showing love.  To close we sang I Love You and at the end I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment