Wednesday 11 February 2015

Low Furness School

Yesterday Sarah and I went into Low Furness School to take the assembly.  We decided on the theme of love as it is soon to be Valentines Day.  So to start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  In order to lead into the theme we started to look at how we communicate with each other and Sarah had a text which said Cu l8er I luv u.  She read this out a couple of times and then asked the kids if they could work out what it said... See you later I love you!  Then I started to wave a flag at Sarah which was another form of communication semaphore Sarah replied in morse code.  Then we started to focus on how we tell people we love them linking now to Valentines Day we send a card.  Sarah asked how does God communicate to us that he loves us?  She continued in creation and the beauty of the world around us, in the fact that he looks after us and protects us.  I then displayed some shapes on the screen and asked if the children could work out what it said.  As I advanced the slides the shapes moved and slowly started to form a cross.  The older children did manage to see this as it started to appear.  I explained that God showed us just how much he loves us by sending his son Jesus to die on a cross.  We then tried to encourage the children to show or tell someone that they love them.  To close we sang I Love You and Martha signed the words at the front.  Sarah then said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment