Thursday 7 May 2015

BX 3 NT St Peters

I went to St Peters this afternoon for the 3rd New Testament lesson of Bible Explorer.  I had to tell the children the stories Jesus told about the lost coin, son and sheep then talk about Lazarus being raised and the Zaccheaus story too.  This all led to the final week in the life of Jesus and his entrance into Jerusalem and him clearing the temple to do this I set up a sort of market in the class room and the actors need to make a sacrifice so needed to buy a bull but then they needed temple money so went to change it and so it went on.  I used this to illustrate how the temple traders cheated people out of money.  Jesus turned all the tables over and declared that his house was a house of prayer not a den for thief's.  Then we looked at the last supper and Jesus' arrest and Peter denying him three times followed by the crucifixion and burial.  I didn't want to leave the story there so I talked about Easter Sunday and Jesus rising from the dead.  Next week we look at the Holy Spirit coming at Pentecost and the spread of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment