Thursday 7 May 2015

Our Lady's School

This morning I was at Our Lady's School doing the assembly.  I decided to sing So many ways to start with as we haven't sung that one for a while.  I then displayed a number of pictures that were optical illusions and asked the children what they saw.  It was amazing to see how many people saw different things.  This linked with what I was going to talk about which was Samuel looking at Jesse's sons to pick one as king.  I read part the story from the Loin Storyteller Bible and adlibbed the rest.  There was a line I did read however which said Man looks on the outside but God looks on the inside.  After telling the story I explained that it isn't what we look like that makes us who we are it is what we are like inside.  We could be the best looking person but if inside we think horrible things and say nasty things then we really are not a nice person.  Following this we sang Shine and I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment