Wednesday 13 May 2015

St Peters School

This morning I went over to St Peters School for the assembly.  After singing So Many Ways I then displayed some optical illusions and asked the children what they could see.  I explained that what some people see can be different from what other people see.  This idea led onto the telling of the story from 1 Samuel of David being made king.  Using the Lion Storyteller bible for part of the story I retold the account of how Samuel looked at the outside of the 7 brothers but God was looking on the inside and although David was only a small boy he loved God, trusted him and followed him.  I encouraged the children to think about what they are like on the inside and allow that to shine out which led to the song Shine.  Following the song I said a prayer and closed the assembly with the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment