Tuesday 5 May 2015

Pennington School

This afternoon I went along to Pennington School for the assembly.  I wanted to do the assembly on miracles so to start the assembly we sang Great Big God then after the song I displayed some key words that had actions to them in the story I was about to tell.  It was the account of Jesus walking on the water and calming the storm.  It was a Bob Hartman story which repeats each line three times which helps to build up tension as the story is told.  After the story and the laughing of the children had died down I explained that two miracles took place in the story - the first was Jesus walking on the water the second Jesus calming the story.  It was the second part that I wanted to focus on.  I talked about the ups and downs of life and how some people refer to them as the storms of life but if like the real storm the disciples found themselves in we have Jesus close by us then the storm can be stilled and we can feel safe again.  I linked this to the year 6 children soon to be doing SATS and how they might get a little down but if they allow Jesus to come close to them and ask him for help then he will.  Why because God can do Anything and nothing is to big for him and nothing is to small - cue for a song I think.  After singing God Can Do Anything I prayed for the children and in particular the year 6 children.

No comments:

Post a Comment