Wednesday 27 April 2016

Broughton School

This morning I went to Broughton School for the assembly.  I decided to continue the theme we have been doing recently which is on Respect.  So after singing God's love is Bigger than a Burger I displayed the word respect on the screen and introduced the theme to the children.  To help the children understand I showed them the Nemo clip when Nemo swims out to sea despite his father telling him not to, he then proceeds to touch the boat again going against what his father said.  Following the clip I asked the children about it saying what did Nemo not do or show - respect came the answer.  I then took my bible and explained that in it there are loads of stories of people both showing respect as well as being disrespectful both to each other and God.  I talked about Moses and the 10 commandments and how they are really all about respect for each other as well as God.  I pointed one out which was respect your father and mother - I explained what it meant to the children saying it can include everyone not just our parents.  After this we sang Shine and then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment