Monday 25 April 2016

Pennington School

This afternoon I went to Pennington School for the assembly.  To start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I then displayed the theme for the assembly which was Respect and then showed the video clip from the film Finding Nemo the one in which Nemo swims out to sea and touches the boat despite his father telling him not to.  Following the clip I asked the children what is was that Nemo hadn't or didn't do - hands went up and the answer show respect came out.  I also asked the older ones at the back of the hall if they could hear what Nemo said to his dad - 'I hate you' was the answer.  I then went on to talk about the bible and that in it there are loads of examples of people showing respect and also being disrespectful towards each other and to God.  I talked about one old guy called Moses who was asked by God to lead the people and to help him God gave him the 10 commandments.  One of them even says respect your father and mother so that you will live a long time in the land I'm giving you.  I explained what this meant to the children and how we could apply that to us today.  Then when we do we Shine from the inside out - cue song.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment