Thursday 21 April 2016

Croftlands Juniors

This morning I went to Croftlands Juniors for the assembly.  After singing Be Happy I introduced the theme for the assembly - Respect.  I showed the video clip of Nemo when he swims out into the open sea and touches the boat.  The clip started as he was being dared to do it by his friends but then his father swims in to stop him, it is at this point Nemo tells his father he hates him.  As Nemo said this the children reacted with a deep breath.  After the clip I asked the children what it was that Nemo didn't or hadn't done - shown respect to his father.  I then explained that seconds later Nemo was taken (if I had let the clip run).  His capture was then very difficult for him as he was put into a tank and his father went looking for him.  I talked a bit about the bible and how in it there are loads of examples of people showing respect as well as being disrespectful.  I mentioned Moses being given the Ten Commandments and that 4 are about respecting God and 6 about respecting people like the one that says Respect your father and mother so that you will live a long time in the land I'm giving you  Exodus 20:12.  I needed to explain what the last part was all about and that we should respect everyone not just our parents so that we will live a good life.  Then when we do that we can Shine from the inside out - cue song.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment