Monday 11 April 2016

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to Church Walk Primary School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again after the Easter break.  To start off we sang Be Happy then I went on to tell the story of Jesus going to the Temple at aged 12.  I told the story and displayed pictures as I did, then stopped and either explained things or asked the children question - like if they had been away over Easter - had they travelled on a donkey or did they walk?  I also asked if anyone had been to our capital city, like Jesus was travelling to the capital Jerusalem.  Later on I asked if anyone had ever been lost and explained why it took days to get from the north to Jerusalem as they needed to walk.  The point of the assembly was to show how much love Mary had for Jesus and to explain that God love us so much more than anyone on earth could ever love us.  I linked this back to Easter and Jesus on the cross when he died for us.  To finish off the assembly we sang I Love You and I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment