Thursday 14 April 2016

BX1 OT St Peters

This afternoon I have been at St Peters School with the year 5 and 6 class doing Old Testament Bible Explorer.  We had a great time as I explained about the bible and showed them some different types of bible old ones and modern ones.  I explained that years ago some of the bible stories were past on by mouth from family to family until it was put down in words on animal skins, then papyrus until eventually we have the bible as we do now.  I showed them my Jewish scrolls from Israel as well as the Yad pointer and explained how they are read and why a pointer is used.  I then opened up my bible and read the first verse.  To tell the creation story I use a magic trick which involves spelling as well as counting to pull out the 6 days of making and the 7th of rest.  Then the stories and hand signs flowed on as they do in Bible Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment