Thursday 18 May 2017

Coniston Primary School

This morning I was at Coniston Primary School for the assembly.  After singing Be Happy I did my choices magic trick (a teacher had asked me to perform a trick last time I was there) So I brought out three children and gave each one a numbered card, then I gave them the choice to swap cards if they wanted to. Next I took out some coloured discs which had the same numbers on them as the cards, I gave the children the correct numbered disc.  Each disc was then replaced with a bag of the same colour, in all the children's bags they had sweets but in mine bag there was loads of sweets.  The children sat down as I explained that they had all been given a choice of card, the choice to swap it and now they have the consequences of their choices.  I went on to say that we all face choices every day from what do I wear, to what time shall I get up, should I go to school - in fact every child had probably made over 20 choices already today.  But in life there are even bigger choices we need to make, like what secondary school should I go to, or what GCSE's should I take, or even should I work in school of mess around - that choice will affect what job we get later on in life.  I linked in the story of Adam and Eve which I covered in January, then linked it to being pressured by someone to do something wrong - we have a choice to do it or not.  I encouraged the children to ask for help when faced with choices from teacher, parents and people at home and ask God for his help to.  To finish we sang Shine before I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment