Wednesday 3 May 2017

St Mary's Dalton

This morning I went to St Mary's Dalton for the assembly.  It was really good to see all the children again, it seems such a long time since I had visited with the Easter break.  We started with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger as I wanted to talk about love using the story of Ruth.  I told the story using pictures and as I went along I explained some things to the children.  After the story I explained that Ruth had been so loving and kind towards Naomi when she didn't really need to be as Naomi had offered her the chance to go home.  I did a quick recap of Easter only to explain that God loves us so much that he sent Jesus and we should show some of that love to others like Ruth did.  So I encouraged the children to try and do acts of kindness and show love to each other during their time in school as well as outside of school.  To finish we sang I Love You before saying a short prayer to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment