Thursday 25 May 2017

Leven Valley School

This morning I went down to Leven Valley School for the assembly.  After singing Inright Outright with the children because it linked a little to what I was going to say I told them off the events of Ascension and then Pentecost particularly as today is Ascension Day.  I used pictures to tell the story and added in my own particular twist which made the children smile and laugh.  After this I explained that Pentecost as the time the Holy Spirit came down but it also marks the birth of the church which has continued to grow and expand over the years and that is why we know about God and Jesus today - it started with Peter talking to a crowd of people.  He was shining from the inside out -cue for a song.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment