Tuesday 16 May 2017

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I went to Croftlands Infant School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again since we haven't been since before Easter.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger we displayed pictures of superhero's and for each one Sarah explained their special ability finishing with Joe Smith.  At which point I asked what does he do, all the children had been quite excited as the various hero's appear but there was nothing with Joe.  Then my phone rang (it was on silent in my pocket - It was God who told me Joe was a superhero and that he did have very special power and ability and I could find it in 1 Corinthians 13. - I explained that this is a book in the Bible which talks all about love.  Then Sarah read out some actions and things we might do and asked for hands up if they showed love or not.  For each one I used a line from the Bible passage to say what love was or wasn't.  So we encouraged them to be superhero's for God and show loads of love and kindness to those around them.  To finish we sang I Love You and Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment