Wednesday 10 May 2017

St Peters

This morning I went to St Peters school for the assembly.  It was good to see all the children again.  To start off the assembly we sang Be Happy and the children spread out and joined in with all the actions.  I then displayed a number of pictures of super hero's and highlighted each of their special powers.  There was one picture of a boy Joe Smith and none of the children knew who he was or what special power or ability he had - then my phone rang (it was on silent) it was God who told me that Joe had something about him that was special, and I could read it in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.  So I then explained that what Joe had was love and he shared that with people and that pleases God.  I then read out a series of statements and asked the children to put their hand up if it showed love or not.  For each one I read out a phrase from 1 Corinthians 13 about love such as love is patient, love is kind etc.  After this we sang I Love You again (as we sang it last time) then I closed with a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment