Tuesday 9 May 2017

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon we went over to Crosthwaite School for the assembly.  It was so good to see the children following the Easter break.  The assembly started by singing Touch a Finger, I displayed a number of pictures of superhero's while Sarah explained their supper power.  Then Joe Smith I asked what is his special super power- just then the assembly was interrupted by my phone ringing - It was God - who told me that Joe was a special superhero and had a great power and that I could read all about it in 1Corintians 13:1-13.  Sarah then explained that the special power was love and she then read out different situations and asked the children to put up their hand if it was showing love or not - it was basically the Bible verse.  As each sentence was read out the children responded and each time I displayed what the Bible verse said.  After this we encouraged the children to show love to each other in all the things they do.  We then sang I Love You before Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment