Wednesday 3 May 2017

Lindal and Marton School

This morning I was at Lindal and Marton School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again after the Easter break.  To start the assembly off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger as it was going to link in with the story I had for them today which was - Ruth.  After telling the story and displaying pictures I expanded what Ruth did in that she didn't need to work as she did for Naomi but she did please she loved her and wanted to show her kindness.  I briefly explained about how God shows his love to us in sending Jesus and encouraged the children to share some of that love with others by showing kindness.  I gave a few examples of how they could do that like holding a door open, giving someone a smile when they are feeling down - simple things.  To close we sang I Love You then I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment